Premises Licence

Running a licensed Premises in Scotland isn’t easy. Aside from all the obvious commercial pressures, there are regulatory hoops to jump through for almost everything. 

Before you can even think of selling alcohol you’ll need a premises licence and if you decide to make changes to your building’s layout, the hours you’re open or the conditions stated in the licence you’ll need to apply to have it updated.

You’ll also need to make sure all your staff have at least two hours training before they start selling alcohol. You might also need permission to introduce slot machines, open late or put on a one-off event in a place that isn’t usually licensed.

If some or all of those requirements sounds daunting, don’t worry: as one of the largest licensing solicitors in the UK, we deal with these types of request every single day and can help you navigate this ever-changing area of law as simply and cost-effectively as possible.


Mandatory 2 Hour Training

Any person (who is paid or unpaid) making sales of alcohol or where alcohol is sold on the premises for consumption on the premises, serving such alcohol to any person must complete mandatory 2 hours training before being permitted to make sales or serving alcohol.


Any place and includes a vehicle, vessel or movable structure.