Personal Licences

Selling Alcohol is the same as driving a car in Scotland: you need a licence if you’re going to do it legally.

On top of the premises licence, all businesses selling wine, beer or spirits need at least one person – the designated premises manager (DPM) – to hold a current personal licence.

We can help you apply for your personal licence as long as you are 18 or over, hold the Scottish Certificate For Personal Licence Holders qualification and have not held a licence that has been revoked in the last five years.



Spirits, wine, beer, cider or any other fermented distilled or spirituous liquid with an 0.5% or higher abv (alcohol by volume).