Before you open the doors there are one or two things you should ensure are in order before pulling the first pint of the day. To help you here is a few bullet points of what you should look out for:
- Is the original or a certified copy of the Club Premises Certificate summary on display where it can easily seen by members?
- Do you have original or a Certified Copy of the club premises certificate available for production upon request?
- If you have a licensed premises gaming machine permit, club machine permit or club gaming permit, is the original or a certified copy available for production upon request?
- If the club secretary is not present on site, is there a notice nominating another person in writing to have custody of the club premises certificate?
- Do you have a written age verification policy (e.g. Challenge 21 or Challenge 25) available for production upon request?
- Are you familiar with the Conditions and hours of your licence, are you complying with them all?
- Are you displaying the necessary no smoking signage?
In addition to these licensing requirements you are also subject to requirements under the Health Act, Data Protection Act (if using CCTV), employer’s liability legislation and weight & measures laws.
Is usually a photocopy of an original document certified as a true copy of the original by getting it signed and dated by a professional person or someone well-respected in your community (‘of good standing’)
Club Premises Certificate
A certificate granted by a licensing authority under part 4 of Licensing Act 2003.
Conditions are either mandatory or non-mandatory. All Club Premises Certificates are subject to a number of mandatory conditions.