Covid 19 - Scotland - further Covid restrictions announced
The Scottish Government is bringing in new restrictions from 26th December 2021 to address the spread of Covid, including:
- placing the following limits on the size of public events that can take place
- all outdoor events being limited to 500 people seated or standing
- indoor seated events being limited to 200 people
- indoor standing events being limited to 100 people
- physical distancing of 1 metre to be in place for such events.
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon indicated that the restrictions will remain in place for at least 3 weeks.
Furthermore, from 27th December 2021 (again, for at least 3 weeks)
- table service only will be reintroduced for venues serving alcohol for consumption on the premises
- indoor hospitality and leisure venues will need to ensure 1 metre distance between groups of people who are attending together
The Government’s advice will also remain that groups should not comprise more than three households.
No changes are currently proposed to the rules for Christmas gatherings.